Tuesday 3 December 2013

Fjellmedisinkurs

Okay then, having recovered from the shock of the peanut butter incident last week, I was off to Ustaoset last Friday for a weekend course in mountain medicine, held by the Norwegian Society of Mountain Medicine (NFS).



I went there as a sort of delegate from out local Red Cross alon with two others, but I also had friends from the NTNUI Ski og Fjellsport group who attended the course.

The course is a one-and-a-half day thing built up of many short lectures and practical workshops and demonstrations outdoors. Subjects covered were, among other things, history, equipment, stabilisation and evacuation, hypothermia, frost bite, altitude sickness, avalanche medicine, allergies, medication, fractures and luxations, bleeding, heat preservation, and other bits and bobs.

All in all, a smashing good course, and I would recommend anyone Norwegian speaking who enjoys spending time outdoors to take this course next year.

Most of the time it was so interesting that I forgot to take pictures, even though I had my little compact in my pocket all the time, but did snap a couple here and there.


Og forresten, hvis du ønsker å selv bidra og lære om førstehjelp, så pågår det nå intervjuer til opptak av vårens grunnkurs hos Trondheim Røde Kors Hjelpekorps. Det er ennå ikke for sent å sende inn søknad, bare klikk deg inn her.



No comments:

Post a Comment