Sunday 12 May 2013

sleeping outside

I sometimes wish I could be a student forever. This usually happens when I'm supposed to be revising for my exams. Though not neccessarily. It happens I enter into this state of euphoria, when the clock has struck past midnight, and I want to try out everything. Many things at least.

I'd love to study photography, but not actually work as a photographer, study outdoorlife, but not work as a mountain guide, I just want to learn, to know. I want to travel the world alone, own a minimum amount of things, and become a writer, but never study literature. So maybe you'll say "Yes! You can do this! You can do anything you set your mind to!" and I'll say "No, no, I can't, I really can't. I'm a young, but not young enough, xenophobic shoppaholic who just bought yet another camera she doesn't really know how to use and is lying in a superlight one-man tent, in a down sleeping bag, in the garden, on a Saturday night."

I think for now I'll be happy to settle for getting through my exam period without having wasted more time than I already have.

Let's finish off with a picture by Helmut Newton, a photo which is currently also my desktop background.


2 comments:

  1. "own a minimum amount of things" Hahaha ;) Yeah, right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not all goals need be realistic goals :p

      Delete