Tuesday 15 October 2013

LSOR

Last weekend I participated in a three day practical course on how to lead a team during a search and rescue mission through the Red Cross. This was a regional course that took place on Fjellværøya. Good fun, mentally very tiring. I slept until three in the afternoon the day after I came home. The course consisted of a set of practical cases where we took turns leading our team through the given challenge. Learned loads and loads about myself and how I am as a leader, and how I can improve as a leader.

Anbefaler deg å sjekke ut om de har Røde Kors Hjelpekorps der de bor, og se om dette kan være noe du synes er interessant. Hvertfall hvis du er glad i førstehjelp og friluftsliv. Jeg stortrives i alle fall i Hjelpekorpset.

So now that I'm (on paper at least) qualified to go as team leader, all I can do is wait for the alarm to ring for the next search mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment