Thursday 23 January 2014

Aaand I'm back

After travelling in Singapore and Vietnam I'm back home to reality. Well, not quite. Before Christmas I ended up going to an audition at a youth/culture center, and before you know it I had gotten the part. So now I'm going to try out acting, which I've wanted to try out for a good while, there just haven't been any amateur possbilities in my town (as far as I've known about anyway). 2014 is going to be the year where Myrull does things Myrull doesn't know how to do...

The play being set up is Closer by Patrick Marber, also made into a movie in 2004. i play the part of Anna (the Julia Roberts part in the movie), a divorced photographer trying to figure out now what? when it comes to men and relationships. The whole play is basically about relationships and infidelity (and a good pinch human psychology).

We're taking pictures for our own poster next week, and I'll post that when it's ready.

The whole set up is based on volunteer work, no one's getting paid for anything, but that doesn't matter. It's brilliant fun! I must say, I did not expect to enjoy acting this much. And my coplayers are really great folks. The director and driving force behind the project is a young Macedonian fellow, and he is good, he is really good.

We have a month of rehearsals now before putting on two shows in the middle of February.

No comments:

Post a Comment